Wednesday, April 25, 2012

{Next Up}

Since I finished the baby's Granny Square Quilt last week I haven't had a chance to get back to sewing. I did decide on a {counted cross stitch} project to bring out to Mattituck this summer. It's a really sweet farm/country scene with barns and cows and sheep and flowers.....just right for Steph.  The wording across the bottom reads 'Live Simple  Be Content'. It sounds like a great idea to me. It's very involved though. There are very few areas of the Aida cloth that will not be covered with cross stitches. And, my eyes are getting older and those little holes are much harder to see than I remember. I may have to up the magnification on the drugstore glasses while I work on it.


So, it was time to figure out my next  'at home' project. The nights Brian has band practice are perfect for sewing. I set up my table in the living room, put on a show I know he has no interest in and get going. A few weeks back I saw a great quilt pattern on Make it Do. I haven't had a chance to make a quilt with stars yet so I purchased the pattern and put it away until the right fabric came along. 

The right fabric came along completely by accident. Quickly. I purchased Friendship by Howard Marcus in a Fat Eighth bundle with plans on purchasing yardage down the line when it went on sale. There was a sale at Fat Quarter Shop, I ordered enough yardage for a quilt back, border and binding. I got the fabric, color looked off. I looked at the receipt and it was the wrong fabric collection. Oops! Now, I will take that 'wrong' fabric along with 5 charm packs and 2 1/2 yards of red fabric and make {Oh My Stars!}. The fabrics I bought are American Banner Rose by Minick & Simpson.




I'll be throwing in two charm packs of Friendship for a little variety. I've located the solid red from the American Banner Rose collection and will use that for the stars.


Tomorrow night is band practice which means my rotary cutter and I have a date. I read through this pattern and it looks to be fairly simple. I'm still waiting for the red fabric to arrive so I'll start with the charms. I think I'll like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment