Friday, May 25, 2018

{ A Quick Project- the Mondo Bag}

I attended my first quilting guild meeting last month and saw several ladies with these amazing patchwork bags. I inquired about an available pattern and was told that most of the guild members have made a Mondo bag. Some have made many.

Quiltsmart offers a pattern and fusible interfacing kit that make the construction of the bags so easy. Two charm packs and some yardage are needed. 

This is a very roomy bag. Great for a beach tote or even a diaper bag. Quiltsmart even offers a smaller option , the Midi Bag.  I've already got two more planned-one for my sister and one for my niece. I just have to choose the fabric. That's the best part of any project, am I right?

Linking up with:

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

{ Spools 2 }

I finished Spools 2 last week. 

Finished at 67x78
Pattern: Spools 2 by Thimbleblossoms
Fabric : Strawberry Fields Revisited by Fig Tree & Co
Batting: Hobbs Heirloom 80/20
Free Motion Quilted by me

I'm kind of proud about this quilt; I free motion quilted it on my home machine. It's the first full sized quilt I have ever attempted. I quilted each spool block differently, which meant there were two stop/starts on the top/bottom and one stop/start on the "thread". I had to learn how to bury thread tails which was ok once I figured the easiest way to thread the needle. I tried using the cheater needles but kept breaking the thread, so I went back to traditional needles with a larger eye.

It's not perfect but it's done. And, that's alright with me.

Friday, March 16, 2018

{ A First Finish for 2018 }

It feels good to finally be able to share a finish. Meet Big Sky.

I'm in love with Big Sky fabric line by Annie Brady for Moda. The colors and prints are amazing and just perfect for a baby boy.

Could you just die? That moose!

Another reason I'm crazy for this quilt is the fact that I quilted it myself on a long arm. First time!

Quilt finished at 51x51
Fabric is Big Sky by Annie Brady
Quilted by ME!
Pattern is Wild Windows by Kristina at Center Street Quilts. It's a freebie over at the Moda Bake Shop

I'm linking up with Finish it Up Friday at

Friday, December 8, 2017

{ Three (small) Finishes }

Last winter I finished  my Charming Stars quilt, made with Snowman Gatherings II 
from Primitive Gatherings. 
I had leftover charm squares and had purchased extra yardage for pillow backs. 
Over the past couple of weeks I found time to put together
 three 20x20 throw pillows for our den couch. 
I love this fabric!

I'm linking up with Finish it Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts

Sunday, November 26, 2017

{ Time Flies and Some Finishes }

Even though I haven't posted any finishes here in 9 MONTHS, I have been doing some sewing. I finished two quilt tops which I won't show until they've been quilted and bound. 

I'm going to become a great-aunt for the second time and 
new baby Ella needs a quilt.

This quilt finished at 52x52
The fabric is Little Miss Sunshine by Lella Boutique
The pattern is a freebie called Flower Girl from Moda Bake Shop.


Another finished quilt will be gifted this weekend.  It's a combination birthday-housewarming gift for my sister-in-law.

Quilt finishes at 72x72
Pattern is Moda Love - Layer Cake Quilt
Fabric : Refresh by Sandy Gervais for Moda
Quilted by Melissa @ Sew Shabby Quilting


I actually finished a Christmas quilt before Christmas. I had been hoarding this fabric and saving this pattern for the right time. This quilt will be gifted to my step daughter who loves to cuddle under our quilts when she visits. It was time she had her own.

Quilt finished at 55x65
Fabric is Flurry by Kate Spain. Included a panel with some elements used in the quilt.
Pattern is Flurry by Kate Spain

This was a fun quilt to make. I don't usually make a throw quilt pattern more than once, but I can see another Flurry quilt in my future.

I'm linking up to Finish It Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts

Friday, February 24, 2017

{ A Winter Quilt - A Gathering of Snowmen }

It's back from the quilter, bound, washed and being used.
I loved having snow on the ground for photos.

The pattern is a freebie from Moda Bake Shop called
Charming Stars
I'll be making this pattern again!
It finished at 68x68
The fabric is Snowman Gatherings 2 by Primitive Gatherings
Quilting in a snowflake pattern by Melissa at 
Sew Shabby Quilting

I'm linking up with

Friday, January 27, 2017

{ Charming Stars }

Since the new year began, I've made two 38x52 baby plus quilts.

Shame on me for not taking photos of the them but they are identical to these quilts made previously. I was really lucky to have enough leftover fabric from the earlier projects to make two more. 
I even had enough coordinating backing fabric. {High five}

I also completed the Charming Stars quilt top.  The pattern is a freebie at Moda Bake Shop. It uses three charm packs and the blocks are a breeze to make. This pattern would make a great baby boy quilt (less blocks) or a QOV quilt with some red, white and blue fabric.

The fabric is Snowman Gatherings II by Primitive Gatherings.
After I took these photos I added two more borders, pieced the backing, and boxed it up for its trip to Utah for quilting.
When she gets back, I'll take more photos. 

Linking up with: