Friday, November 4, 2016

{ Manly Log Cabin -is there any other kind? }

This was supposed to be a Christmas gift for my husband. 
Yeah, right.
As soon as the final stitch was in the binding, it was in the wash and dryer. 
While it was still warm, I presented him with an early Christmas gift. 
He seemed very pleased, which makes me happy.




Manly Log Cabin Quilt
64x64
Fabric: Miniature Gatherings by Primitive Gatherings for Moda
Batting: Warm and White 100% Cotton
Backing: Robert Kaufman Flannel
Quilting by Melissa @ Sew Shabby Quilting
Used the Log Cabin Trim Tool to make perfect  8 1/2" blocks


I may be using flannel backings more often. It really makes for a cozy quilt.
I just have to add the label and I'll 100% complete. 

Linking up to


7 comments:

  1. Very pretty log cabin quilt. I love to use flannel on the back. It makes the quilts seem more cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is very pretty - I wouldn't have wanted to have him wait until Christmas either!! It's too fun to use them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt looks so cozy! Quilts are made to be used in fall and winter so now is a great time to give them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love your manly Log Cabin quilt. I haven't used flannel for backing yet, but seeing more and more people doing it and it does sound so cozy and comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful and it looks so cozy! Hopefully it will be well loved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great quilt! I love log cabins and flannel backings are the best. The colours you used are perfect - thanks because I get so obsessed with blue when I want to do "masculine" and this gives me alternative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilting gives this quilt its cozy look. Great colors on the top and the flannel finishes it nicely. What a special early Christmas gift!

    ReplyDelete