Wednesday, April 25, 2018

{ Spools 2 }

I finished Spools 2 last week. 


Finished at 67x78
Pattern: Spools 2 by Thimbleblossoms
Fabric : Strawberry Fields Revisited by Fig Tree & Co
Batting: Hobbs Heirloom 80/20
Free Motion Quilted by me


I'm kind of proud about this quilt; I free motion quilted it on my home machine. It's the first full sized quilt I have ever attempted. I quilted each spool block differently, which meant there were two stop/starts on the top/bottom and one stop/start on the "thread". I had to learn how to bury thread tails which was ok once I figured the easiest way to thread the needle. I tried using the cheater needles but kept breaking the thread, so I went back to traditional needles with a larger eye.


It's not perfect but it's done. And, that's alright with me.



8 comments:

  1. Very nicely done! Congrats on your FMQ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danette. I'm only hoping it gets easier.

      Delete
  2. I am scared of FMQ, so kudos to you on conquering that beast. The spools are lovely and the quilt is gorgeous. you should be so very proud of it!!! Visiting from NTT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is darling! :D Way to go with the FMQ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quilt! It looks like a real scrap busting style of quilt. Just my kind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your Spools 2 quilt. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your quilt! I can see making one for me in the future.

    ReplyDelete