Thursday, March 22, 2012

{Granny Square Quilt Blocks}

I've joined in on the insanity.....Granny Square Quilt Blocks! It seems everyone, everywhere is making these simple but lovely blocks. It all started in January when Jolene at Blue Elephant Stitches posted a Granny Square quilt block tutorial. There are instructions for the block and information on constructing a quilt using the blocks. There are Flickr groups and quilt-alongs all dedicated to these 9 inch lovelies.

When I got the date for Shiela's baby shower I knew I'd like to have a quilt to bring along. This seemed the perfect choice. It's a little mix of traditional and modern. Deciding on fabrics took a little time since we don't officially know the baby's sex. She has made several slips over the past two months. Based on those slips and the choice of decor for the baby's nursery, it's pretty safe to say it's a boy.  Anyway, I decided on Salt Air by Cosmo Cricket. It's a nice mix of blues, greens, corals, gold and reds which should work for either sex.

I finished four blocks last night. I'm going to like this!



No comments:

Post a Comment