Monday, May 24, 2021

Finally, a 2020 Wrap Up.

 Last year was a kind of blur. It started out normal but quickly changed into the year from hell. I hated being away from my family and my sewing/quilting peeps. Both of my guilds, Eastern Long Island Quilt Guild and Long Island Modern Quilt Guild, stopped in person meetings as of March. In June, our Tuesday night North Fork Quilters group decided to meet out in the parking lot of the rec center we normally met in. We were all so happy to actually see each other. Eventually both guilds transitioned to Zoom meetings but it wasn't the same. 

I kept sewing and managed to get a lot of work done on the longarm. Practice, practice ,practice! I even took some of my stimulus dollars and purchased rear handles for my Simply Sixteen. Now I'm working with pantographs and I love it.

Anyway, in person classes are starting in local quilt shops and this makes me happy. Are we possibly ready to be normal again? I know I am. Here's things I've completed during 2020. 


Meadowland quilt for my son-in-law's 30th birthday. 

Paper pieced Barnum aka Elephant Abstractions by Violet Craft

Quilt for baby Olivia


Quilt for baby Crew

Quilt for Liz Magorrian's Zoom bridal shower. (really?)

First time thread painting. Gift for my SIL Kate.

First paper pieced quilt-Elementz BOM

Comfort quilt for Shiela

Mt Hood by Violet Craft- another paper pieced project

Christmas gift for my sister in Florida. Like she really needs a quilt
in Florida. All fabrics were purchased in February 2020 at a LQS in 
Boca Raton.

Christmas gift for our neighbors that moved to Baltimore.

First Snow- pattern by Woodberry Way. I'm keeping this one.

This quilt was pieced in 2019 but I didn't quilt until 2020. I had plenty of time
for UFOs. Pattern is Sweet Marion by Woodberry Way.




1 comment:

  1. I have seen that every person wants to express their feelings but they are not able to express their feelings properly in words but the content you have written in your post is very beautiful, it seems that you have expressed your feelings Has expressed. Hi, you are a person who writes a very beautiful post, in the same way, you keep writing new posts in your life, our best wishes are with you. Gurugram Girl Phone Number
    Cheap price girls gurgaon
    low price girls sector 29
    gurugram Girl phone number
    Bhiwadi Real Photos Girl
    Manesar VIP Photos Girl
    Gurugram hell girl
    DLF Phase 3 premium girl
    college girl gurgaon

    ReplyDelete