Tuesday, August 16, 2016

{ Almost Forgot }

In between the other completed quilts I've made so far this year, I also finished this queen sized disappearing 9 patch for our guest bedroom. It was my first and possible my last quilt this size. 
It was rough basting it and quilting it on my home machine. 

Some of my quilting lines are a little wonky. Next time I'll be sure to mark the lines to be sure they're straight. I even ordered some extra fabric to make two throw pillows using the tutorial at Crazy Mom Quilts.

Disappearing 9 Patch
Fabric is Whitewashed Cottage
Size is 86 x 86




10 comments:

  1. Your quilt is so pretty, I love your fabrics. She looks cozy, ready for a nap! Blessings, Gretchen villacrestfarm@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gretchen. I like the fabrics and colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful quilt. I'm very partial to the country floral look. Congrats on the finish! Beautiful guest room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is beautiful. It looks so pretty on your guest room bed, I wish I could be a guest in that room! Very soothing and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your quilt looks gorgeous. Well worth the struggle on your home machine to do the quilting yourself too. I do mine myself and agree the bed size ones are challenging but slow and steady gives a great result like yours, wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was tough but I'm sure with practice it would be easier. Thanks for the encouragment.

      Delete
  6. Love your quilt and the fabric is gorgeous1

    ReplyDelete