Tuesday, April 7, 2015

{ It Wouldn't Be Spring Without Some Weeds}

I've been waiting for the perfect project to use my fat quarter bundle of  Weeds, by Me & My Sister Designs. It's been staring at me for months.




 
I bounced between a Swoon quilt for the guest bedroom and Red Letter Day, also by Thimble Blossoms.
 
Red Letter Day won. I paired off 16 fat quarter last weekend and started cutting. The directions are easy to follow and the blocks come together quickly.  They finish around 23 inches.
I'm ready to start sewing the third block. Yay!
 
She'll be a gift for someone special so I'm not going to post any photos of the blocks,
 just in case she happens along this silly blog. I am really happy with the look so far.
 
This fabric line is so much fun to work with. I even have plenty of fat quarters left to make a Red Letter Day for myself. Wait, does anyone actually make a quilt for themselves? Every time I plan one, another quilt to be gifted jumps ahead.
 
Happy sewing!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment