Monday, July 9, 2012

{We plan and the producers of 'The Walking Dead' laugh}

I had big plans for this past Saturday and Sunday. Since we would not be going out to Mattituck because Steph was home from Tennessee to attend a friend's wedding and the temps were expected to be in the high 90s {I'm m-e-l-t-i-n-g}, I'd be setting up the sewing machine and spend hours working on the blocks for {Doc}, the May Schnibbles. I know, it's July and I'm behind big time. 


Saturday at 11:30am the entire plan went awry. Seems this weekend, as in Saturday and Sunday, was {The Walking Dead} marathon, all 19 episodes. This was the lead up to a preview of Season 3 at 10pm on Sunday. So, other than cutting the fabric for another {Swoon} block no sewing got done. I spent a good part of the entire weekend on the couch watching all but 3 episodes.  I had to cook and do some laundry so I wouldn't feel completely useless.


I missed out on two days of being productive, at least as far as quilting goes. I never thought that I'd be able to say that I have four {WIP}, that's quilt-speak for 'works in progress'. I have to shift the quilt plans around again since I now have a 75th birthday for someone special coming up in September. It looks like {Swoon} will be going to a different home. I'm making this a priority so I'll have it done and quilted with time to spare. I hope I don't get distracted again.

No comments:

Post a Comment