Tuesday, September 20, 2016

{ Three Years and the Blogger's Quilt Festival-Fall 2016 }

ORIGINAL POST from AUGUST 2016
That's how long this UFO has been hanging around. It was all cut out but has spent the better part of three years in a project box. Why? I'm not sure. It may have had something to do with the 780 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" red squares that needed to be sewn on to 195 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" rectangles.

Actually, it had everything to do with that. 
The original post can be found HERE

Oh My Stars!
Pattern by Make it Do
Finished size 50 x 68
Fabric: American Banner Rose and Friendship






I'm linking up with
Large Quilt Category at the
Blogger's Quilt Festival at Amy's Creative Side

9/16/16 Edited to include a link up to
Finish it Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts
Never got to share this finish from August.



and 


18 comments:

  1. And doesn't it feel just wonderful to have it done and ready to use!! Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel good Vicki. I don't know why I waited so long to finish.

      Delete
  2. Wow. Credit to you to have a project "resting" for so long and then get back to it and finish as beautifully as you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty! Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on the finish! What a happy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Janine, I'm certainly glad you dragged it out and finished it - that's a stunning quilt! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I'm liking it too. Can't believe I waited so long to finish it.

      Delete
  6. I'm finally getting around to visiting the Let's Be Social links. Oh my goodness! That is one of THE MOST GORGEOUS quilts I've seen this year. My favorite color is red and I love everything about this quilt. Congratulations on an outstanding finish! What are you going to do with this beauty?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janice. I really like red too. It seems to pop in any quilt. For now this quilt is staying with me, it matches well with our den furniture.

      Delete
  7. I love your quilt. Love the red stars, love the bright fabric choices, love it all. Congrats on getting it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely quilt! The binding is the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such rich colors! It was waiting for its time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love your quilt! Beautiful floral fabrics and the red is just awesome! I admire you for finishing up this UFO after so long. It must feel great to have it finally done. FYI, I found you through Crazy Mom Quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Janine, what a gorgeous quilt. Those fabrics and your stitching are perfect. I also love how you photographed the quilt. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very striking quilt which matches fabric to pattern so well. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete