Wednesday, January 4, 2012

{Building a Mystery}

I've officially reserved a spot in my first {Mystery Block of the Month} project through {Fat Quarter Shop}. I had no choice but to sign up when I found out that the fabric line chosen for the {Mystery Quilt} is going to be  from one of my favorite fabric designers {Bonnie & Camille}.

Photo courtesy of "Simplify by Camille Roskelley"
This is my next step into the world of quilting. The only information we're given ahead of time is the fabric choice and that it will be a vintage sampler quilt made with traditional blocks. Each month starting in June a package will be delivered which includes the pattern and fabric for the month's block. Over the next 12 months I'll be completing the quilt top. I've also reserved the finishing kit and the backing which will coordinate with the quilt top.

I have a growing list of quilts I'd like to complete in 2012. I don't know if I'll get to them all, but I'm sure I'll have time to spend each month to create one 12x12 block. I've always loved mysteries......

No comments:

Post a Comment