Saturday, January 2, 2016

{ Wish I was a Farm Girl Sampler Quilt- The Beginning }

Due to circumstances beyond my control, namely way too many projects in line
 ahead of it, I'm just starting the 6" blocks from Lori Holt's book 
I've had the book since it was released, occasionally taking it out of the closet to drool over the cute quilts inside. I knew from the first time I saw the cover that I wanted to make the sampler quilt.

I've been looking and waiting for the perfect fabric. I like to plan ahead , know exactly what I'll be using and order everything to have on hand.
One of my favorite fabric designers, Joanna of Fig Tree & Co, released a fabric line called Farmhouse. I'd say that's a pretty darn perfect collection to use for my {Wish I was a Farm Girl } sampler quilt. I'm also going to incorporate leftovers from her line Strawberry Fields, one of my all-time favorite fabric lines.

I ordered a fat eighth bundle of Farmhouse, backing, binding and border yardage from Farmhouse, and 4 yards of Milk solid from Farmhouse for the background and sashing. With the leftover Strawberry Fields I should have enough to complete this quilt.



My goal~ at least two blocks each week. That really shouldn't be too difficult to squeeze in. {wishful thinking?}My quilty list of to-do's is more realistic than previous years so I'm hoping to see several finishes in 2016.

{Wish I was a Farm Girl} sampler quilt will hopefully be one of them.



Hey, if there are any more of you who are way  late to the Farm Girl Vintage sew along, JOIN ME. I'll be posting photos of the completed blocks on Instagram with the hashtags #wishiwasafarmgirl, #farmgirlvintage, #beeinmybonnet and #loriholt

No comments:

Post a Comment