Sunday, January 10, 2016

{ 2016 Finish-A-Long ~ First Quarter }

I'm participating in the 2016 Finish-A-Long, hosted by bloggers from the US to Australia. The plan is to finish up projects that have been hanging around in drawers, plastic bins, cardboard boxes, whatever, in all states of completion. Motivation comes from the realization that I am not alone in my collection of UFO's and that there will be others working to complete their UFO's too.

I'm linking up through A Quilter's Table

My first quarter Finish-A-Long list - a short one this time around

1- Tumbler Quilt ~ I started this in my early quilting days-2012- and got as far as piecing three rows before it was tucked into a project box and stacked in the closet. There wasn't anything wrong with it, I just had other quilts that took it's place. I actually started working on it right after the new year began with intentions of including it on my Q1 list. I've only got the binding to hand sew and I can cross this one off.

2- Patchwork Pillow ~ I don't recall exactly when I started this but we were still splitting our time between Brooklyn and the new house. It's my first attempt at a pillow cover and will eventually rest in our guest bedroom.The fabric is Whitewashed Cottage by 3 Sisters. I'm using a tutorial on Crazy Mom Quilts 
to make an envelope back pillow. It's in the very early stage. 

3- Fat Quarter Shop Mystery BOM 2012 ~ All 12 blocks are pieced and the top needs to be assembled, quilted and bound. This one's going to take awhile.

4- Splish Splash ~ This is another early quilt top -2011- which was pieced but never made into a finished quilt. I'd like to get this done for when the grandkids come over, maybe for use as a playmat for the baby.


That's all for Q1 of the Finish A-Long. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. I love the colours you've used for the FQS BOM and look forward to seeing more of that!! Good luck with your list and thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a doable list, such pretty projects. I particularly like the fun Splish Splash fabric. Lovely photos. I have a list of three projects I hope to finish.

    ReplyDelete