Sunday, December 18, 2011

{O Christmas Tree}

Yesterday we drove to the Foster Avenue Market to pick up our Christmas tree. Each year we get a live tree and the market is the best place to get a nice tree at an affordable price. It took us about 30 seconds to zero in on the keeper after we were directed to the "small trees". I didn't examine the entire stock as I usually do since we were both fighting a bad cold. I looked quick....what do you thing about this one....it has a nice shape....smells good.....we'll take it.  The tree dude trimmed the lower branches, ran it through the netting machine and tossed it in the back of the pickup.

We got it home, set it in it's stand and stood back & admired it. Not too bad. Well, unless you notice the gaping hole 2/3rd's of the way down on one side and the broken top spike. No angel on the tree this year. Anyway, my planned decorations would hide the hole. I put the lights on and called it a night.

Today I broke out the new tree decorations and the deco mesh from Looziana. This year's tree has a Mardi Gras theme.......gold, purple & green decorations. I got them really cheap from the new 99cent store up the block.  It's definitely different than our usual tree. I'm kind of liking it. Now I can start wrapping.


No comments:

Post a Comment