Friday, October 12, 2012

{Mystery Block of the Month: Month 3}

August's block, aka block #3, is called {Weather Vane} and was designed by {Me & My Sister Designs}.




I really love the {Vintage Modern} fabric line by {Bonnie & Camille}.



Yes, I know it's October and I'm only just getting around to August's block. There's just not enough time in a day to do everything I'd like to. So, slowly I get myself caught up.





I cut the pieces out one evening while I was watching TV.  {Downton Abbey} is my viewing choice while sewing.  OMG, have you noticed the beautiful clothes all the women wear? Some of Mary's dresses are breathtaking. I can't wait for January 6 to come around. Season 3 begins in the US and I will be watching. Anyway, I sat down yesterday to sew the block. It wasn't difficult but I do seem to have a problem with flying geese units. They usually end up too small by a little bit. I'll have to try and sew more to the corner side of the drawn line on the next block and see how that works. 


No comments:

Post a Comment